Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The post in which I have many, many run-on sentences.

So, I woke up this morning... actually that's a lie. I didn't wake up this morning because I never went to sleep last night. If you don't know by now, I work nights and I hate it. Sometimes. So anyway, I'm sitting at the kitchen table at work, waiting for one of my girls to get ready for her work (really, how does it take someone an hour and dang 45 minutes to get ready for work!!?!?!?!?! Especially when you don't have hair and don't wear make-up!?!??!!?) so I can drive her to the city and go home to bed. We left the house 15 minutes late, which means we got caught in traffic, which means I got irritable. Very irritable. I have road rage you see, and when I cannot pass the slow morons in front of me I get frustrated. Especially when the slow poke in front of me FINALLY merges to the right and I have a good 200 feet before the next car in front of me, and I feel a thundering in my chest and feel the pretend wind in my hair as my foot slams onto the gas and my little silver car shoots forward and zooms freely down the highway, until some jackass suddenly jerks from the right lane into my lane a mere 10 feet in front of me. Not only did the dude totally cut me off, but he didn't even do it with speed and agility! He pulled out and moved at the lighting speed of 4mph!!!!! I literally had to slam on the brakes and swerve a bit so I didn't hit his piece of hud old charcoal Honda. My heart stayed in my nose for the rest of the drive, and I got cut off twice more on the drive back home.

I was so agitated by the time I got home that I couldn't sleep, so I made some calls and got a phone interview changed from 2:30 to 12:00. In said interview, I learned that a project I thought would take 2 years might take upwards of 4 and I found myself in a depressed funk. Later, I headed to the church for a meting with my Bishop, which his secretary had forgotten to tell him about, so I waited for 45 minutes before he was finally available. I was distracted throughout the entire interview and got more and more agitated and didn't even really pay attention to what he was saying, poor man. I was finally able to sleep for a couple hours after the interview before I came back in to work.

Work. There's another good story for ya. I was putting one of my ladies to bed tonight and she was wheezing and coughing and gasping for breath something fierce. I asked if she was ok and between gasps she says "my chest hurts like someone is sitting on me". Oh great! She's having a heart attack! She assured me she was fine, took some deep breaths, and finally calmed down enough to get into bed. Once I had her in bed, I went to maneuver her wheelchair away from the bed so I could get it closer to the outlet so I could plug it in... when suddenly there was a pop and I got doused with liquid. It took me maybe 4 seconds to realize that it was her catheter. Yes reader, it was pee that sailed through the air and landed on my arms, neck, and hair. Do you know how hard it is to keep your composure in a situation like that? Very hard. Of all the days I decide to wear real clothes instead of sweats, it has to be today.

Surprisingly, I'm not that upset... the day was actually kind of entertaining. Except for the pee. The smell of pee is just not that enjoyable. At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment